Sunday, March 3, 2019

Back to the drawing board...

Lists, schedules, plans. We got it all.

With this last post of the week, I want to lay ahead what the following week will look like. First of all, I want to lay out some goals. 

I will...
  • Figure out the layout of the magazine cover. To do this I can draw inspiration from the post I made earlier this week with rough drafts of the layout. Also, as I though about it, I think it may also be smart to refer back to the indie lifestyle magazine research I had made in one of my first postings because many of the covers were artistic but still felt luxurious.
  • Find a "cocktail" recipe that will be made for the cover picture. To do this i will probably look at mocktail recipes on Food 52 or Licensed to Distill and for the actual magazine write about it as if it were a cocktail. 
  • Determine color scheme for the cover page based on the recipe. This is entire based o the drink I pick, but I have no doubt that I truly have no limit because cocktails can be crazy colorful... and also, no one is drinking these so i can use food coloring and get creative ;)
Three goals. Short. Simple. Sweet. Right? Nooo. This is actually harder than it looks. A lot of decision making is involved. From picking the font to the size, the spacing and its distance from other objects is not simple. Every choice made is meaningful, so I have to really put thought into what I am doing. Good thing is that this week I researched three different areas that will help me bring together a cohesive look for the cover as a whole. Anyway, these are my goals for this week. I plan to tackle them as such:
  • First half of week: Design layout and find recipe.
  • Second half of week: Make recipe to see if it is feasible, and from there determine a possible color scheme for the cover. 

This is the idea for this week. I am not sure if everything will go as planned, but I hope there isn't any delays with the plan because soon I need to start considering the inside of the magazine. However, I do not want to rush the cover of the magazine because it is the first impression a consumer has of the brand of the magazine. It has to be able to reflect the high-end culinary experiences shared inside the magazine with just  simple glance of the masthead, cover lines and photography. 



Let's hope I finish everything I plan to get done.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The CCR The audio gets cut off at the beginning so you can't hear me say "Hello, my name is Cristina..." Other than that, t...