Monday, March 18, 2019

The reveal

Of some pictures :)

I know you all have probably been waiting for me to upload some of the pictures I took for the TOC and the cover. Luckily, I have had time to upload them to my computer and share them with you. I have also taken the time to edit the brightness and clarity of these pictures using the app VSCO on my phone. The app allows you to edit exposure, contrast, clarity, saturation and tone. I used this to brighten up some of the pictures I took, especially for the cover, since I felt they were too dark. Here is what a before and after for the cover looks like:


As you can see, the picture on the right is much darker and the hues of orange in it are not as saturated. This is something I edited to make the picture look much brighter and appealing. Overall, the picture for the cover came out almost like I had pictured it. The only problem I had was the light but I think that was fixed through editing, and once I put it in the cover and add the cover lines, it should be fine. I am also very happy with the fact that the color I used for the cover matches my previous research of maintaining a monotone color scheme (which in this case are the orange and brown hues) that make the image clean and artistic. Also, the glass is centered around the center third of the grid, making it perfect to place cover lines around it and make it the center of attention.

P.S on the cover: If you look closely, there is a line in the background that is simply a wrinkle in the cloth. I edited this out using the Photoshop Mix app on my phone. 

Alright, moving on the the pictures for the TOC.

These pictures are bright and colorful, which I think will give the TOC life. They came out pretty much like I had planned them to come out. Here are they (after being edited on VSCO):



I am very happy with how they turned out... we just have to wait and see how they fit into the TOC. On the next post, however, I will be working on finalizing the cover. I just wanted to sneak a peek of the future of the TOC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The CCR The audio gets cut off at the beginning so you can't hear me say "Hello, my name is Cristina..." Other than that, t...