Thursday, March 28, 2019

Last photoshoot

I see the end!!

Today I took the pictures for the article and I also got a chance to get the picture of the bar I needed for my TOC. I left my camera at home so I had to take the picture of the bar with my phone, but it came out pretty good. I was able to get a shot of the bar with the bar tender, the decorations and some people in the back. Here's how it came out:


And here it is after editing...


The difference between the two is not monumental, but it does make a difference. I made the green pop out more so that the picture is more colorful. i also cropped out the trash cans and the other bartender so it looks more clean and professional. 

Now, let's look at the pictures for the article. I had to make sure I took a picture that could be cropped practically in half (vertically) and still show all the elements I wanted it too. In order to ensure I got this down, I made a template and put in a picture as a place holder. I used the picture that was the placeholder as a guide and set up my subjects similarly. Here's the picture I had as a place holder and the set up I put:



As you can see, I decided to take the light box outside. It was a very sunny day and I was able to use all natural light for the pictures, which looked very nice. Using direct sunlight would have been too much, so the layers of the box helped diffuse the light. I took the pictures from a slight high angle in order to show the contents of the mugs and hide the fact that I used a wooden board and not a whole wooden table. Here are my favorite pictures from the shoot:



Now I have to decide which one fits best, edit it and continue working on the article. 
I have already found some sources that have useful content for the article. Also, another thing I had planned to do this week was find any graphic I needed, so I went ahead and looked for "hand-drawn" illustrations in one of my favorite websites: The Noun Project. The Noun Project is a library of royalty free icons for personal use. I found an icon of a lemon and some ice cubes that I think would fit perfectly in the article... for now I won't show them and keep you intrigued until next week. My next post (I PROMISE) will be my article all finished and polished. Hold on to your seats because the best is coming. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

The CCR The audio gets cut off at the beginning so you can't hear me say "Hello, my name is Cristina..." Other than that, t...