Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Change of plans

And additional changes to the cover...

Alright so I realized some major changes I want to do to my plan. I know I had said I wanted to plan the color scheme of the cover and the photography of it, but now I think it might be better to do something else. This may be a bit of a risk, I don't know yet... but since my magazine doesn't have much color and is pretty minimalistic I think I can get away with putting off the photography for later and simply design the layout and put random pictures as place holders. SO, that is exactly what I will be doing from now on. I have put a picture in the cover to get a better idea of what it will look like. I also decided to play around with the cover a bit more. I hadn't realized it but the design I had made last week was closer to the cover of Cereal Magazine than Kinfolk Magazine. Cereal magazine has a white margin around the cover picture while Kinfolk simply has a margin at the top and bottom... so I decided to try a design closer to the one of Kinfolk to see what it might look like and I LOVE IT. Thing is, I also love the old design, so I am torn. What I decided to do was put off the decision of which cover to use until I have taken the picture I will actually use. Another change I made to the cover was adding a cover line. Just one, since I still haven't planned what the articles inside the magazine will be, or what the main story is. Below, are my two options for the design of the cover as of now. There is not a big difference between them but I am still not sure which one will look best. I do think both fit into the minimalistic approach I am going for which goes with the "high-class" and "luxurious" feel I am going for with my magazine. Both of them do justice to the beautiful font of the masthead and both set a perfect frame for the picture. 

For the second half of this week, I will be moving away from the cover and onto the design of the table of contents. I will also be placing pictures as place holders and finally compiling my vision of the magazine through the articles and content that will be listed in the table of contents. I hope I'm taking a logical approach with this by putting off the pictures until the end. Only time will tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The CCR The audio gets cut off at the beginning so you can't hear me say "Hello, my name is Cristina..." Other than that, t...