Saturday, March 9, 2019

And the process goes on

Today's focus: Table of Contents

First things first, I must say I am VERY excited for this stage of the process, although it is pretty overwhelming. Second of all, I want to establish that from now on I will be referring to the table of contents as TOC, simply because its easier to type.
In terms of layout and design for the TOC I have many different approaches I can take and have been gathering inspiration from a while back. In terms of content...  if I'm being honest... I am lacking. This is why I want to create a template of what the TOC will look like and start filling in the gaps with what the titles of the articles will be. The TOC is the backbone of the magazine and I need to have a logical order for the articles and any pictures I want to include. 
A couple of weeks ago, I went to visit Barnes and Nobles to look at magazines. They have a vast selection of magazines that fit the profile of what I am going for, so I took advantage of this to take pictures of several TOCs. Below, I am going to attach my personal personal favorites, which were the inspiration for the original draft of the TOC I made (which I will also include). 





In this draft, I took inspiration from the second example by separating the page in fourths and placing the titles of the articles in between. I also plan on keeping the size of the articles the same and highlight the important articles by putting pictures of them with the page number in the picture collage in the next page. I'm not sure if this is exactly what it will look like, but we'll see. Hopefully by the next posting I'll have a draft of it made in Illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The CCR The audio gets cut off at the beginning so you can't hear me say "Hello, my name is Cristina..." Other than that, t...