Friday, March 15, 2019

Picture planning

FYI: I'm not very good at drawing

Hey there! Today you'll be lucky enough to see my ability to draw, and the fact that I am too confident in my abilities as I did the drawings in pen. No room for erasing anything. Anyway, the things I have sketched are the picture for the cover and the shots I want to get for the TOC. During my research, I found this very useful blog post titled: How to use compositional techniques to improves your food photography. One of the suggestions on the page was to actually draw out the shots you want to get in order to have a clearer vision. The page also asked you to consider the grid while photographing and recommended finding a balance between looking staged and understanding where your subject is going to be the most pleasing and powerful to the viewers eye. Keeping these things in mind, I set up the following shots:



For the cover page, I plan on using a white (or light) background and have the drink be in the center, drawing all the attention to it. The drink will be surrounded by "accessories" so the shot can have more color. However, it will not be much since there needs to be room for cover lines and such. The following shots are for the table of contents. In my current draft for the table of contents I have 4 pictures and these are only 3 of them. The fourth one I want to take in a restaurant to get a shot of an actual bar, so it will have to wait. In the mean time, I planned these shots to reflect the article about serving champagne in 5 different ways, thearticle about pitcher cocktails and the article about mini bar shopping. 
For these pictures, I plan on using natural backgrounds and outdoor lighting so it does not look as staged. However, the cover picture will have to look a bit more staged to retain its professional look and the look of a typical food magazine. 
I think it is about time I mention my dad used to work for the company that owns, sells and produces very well known alcohol brands like Malibu, Absolut and Perrier-Jouet. For this reason, I have many types of glasses and just about every tool needed to make a cocktail. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

The CCR The audio gets cut off at the beginning so you can't hear me say "Hello, my name is Cristina..." Other than that, t...