Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Busy week ahead

Time to tie things together

This is the week were things start to come together. For this week, I plan on taking the pictures of the cover and the table of contents. I also plan on solidifying the list of articles that will comprise the text of the TOC. I am a little worried because this time of the school year is absolutely packed with a million different events (not to mention grades closing!), so it will be a challenge to squeeze in the time for certain things plan on doing. Nevertheless, I must go on. 

Luckily, I do not have to purchase almost anything for the pictures I am taking as I am lucky enough to have a camera that has both good quality of picture and is easy to use and I have access to professional lighting for indoor photography. I mean, what can possibly be so bad? As long as the proper planning and research goes into the photography, all should be good.

As of now, the schedule is looking something like this:

  • Wednesday: Finalize article names for TOC and begin planning photography
  • Thursday/Friday: Continue planning, adjust based on research
  • Weekend: Photoshoot!!
I can confidently say I am not too scared for this photoshoot because I had the experience of helping out my friend last year in her foundation portfolio. She also did a food magazine and needed help cooking and setting up certain shots, so I certainly learned a lot about what works and doesn't. First of all, I would not shoot at night. Even though we had professional lighting, the light was not good enough to make the lighting feel more natural. Here is a picture of how food looked for the shoot:



In my opinion, the light is too artificial. From previous experience from earlier this year, I know that using natural light makes a huge difference in making a shot, so I plan on incorporating both as I did in the past. The project I am talking about was also made with food, although it was a video. Below are some stills from the video:




As you can see, the light does not look artificial, which is what I am striving for. However, I would like for the shots to be have a bit more light. It's all about striking a balance. Let's see if the weather is nice this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The CCR The audio gets cut off at the beginning so you can't hear me say "Hello, my name is Cristina..." Other than that, t...